In honor of Cinco De Mayo and keeping things Spicy and Salty on a daily basis, I put together my go-to margarita recipe.
RULE #1: Always use a chilled cup, always. Even for breast milk.
RULE #2: Use a sliced grapefruit to wet the edges of your glass – dip into pink himalayan salt (for no specific reason at all).
RULE #3: Use one big block of ice- adds the perfect level of pretentious. Treat ice like friends, no one needs excess.
- 1 oz Skinny Triple Sec or agave.
- 2 oz tequila (or however crazy you’re feeling- I’m a supporter).
- juice of half a grapefruit 1/3 cup.
- 1/2 cup sparkling water.
- juice of half a lime.
- *add 3 slices of jalapeno for some juj.
- Tequila straight up (I prefer casamigos).
- Ice block.
- Garnish with slender grapefruit wedge.