I must be honest, I am completely beauty product clueless. I never even owned big girl makeup until I went away to college (looking back I majorly regret this- someone should’ve told me I needed some bronzer ASAP). I think my very jewlicious hair and intricate outfits have always taken priority, therefore leaving little to no time to “put my face on”. To this day, I am constantly struggling with what products to buy, how to put it on and with what mother fucking brush?! It all seems like way too much hassle for me. My love of all things sparkly definitely has influenced my product choices and if you are into an overall matte look, you probably will not be into some of my loot. Here are my favorite products that are user friendly for the most challenged beauticians in training!
- Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer (Illuminated) – I know a lot of girls are all about the anti-shine but I like my skin to look dewy. I feel like it makes you look more fresh and natural, look at J LO that girl always is giving serious DEW.
- Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick – This shit is the best. It is like a hyper sparkly bronzer and I use it as eye shadow too since I don’t like my beauty product budget to interfere with my clothing/shoe budget so I always am looking for products that have multiple uses.
- MD Solar Sciences Moisturizer – I was sent this last week and would never promote something just because it was a gift. I have REALLY sensitive skin and tend to get rashs from any cream with SPF higher than 20. I tried this out and am completely obsessed, it goes on super light and smells like heaven. They also have a tinted moisturizer that is to die for.
- Clinique Lipgloss in Black Honey– My favorite lipgloss, it looks pretty goth in color but goes on clear. I’m a religious gloss girl and this is my all time fave.
- Jo Malone Cologne in Mandarin Lime Basil– I used to only wear Kai until I started having an affair with Jo Malone. My boyfriend originally picked this out for me and I have been hooked since. It smells so fresh and not too perfumey.
- YSL Concealer – This has some really long fancy name but at the end of the day it’s just concelear. It never creases and is easy to put on (brush free!) yessss. I am usually asleep by 9:30pm but on certain nights when I am feeling WILD, this helps the next morning with dark circles.
- Benefit Coralista Blush – I am not a huge blush girl, I usually just stick with bronzer and try to chisel the shit out of my face (my gusband taught me this) if I AM in the blush mood this is my go-to. Not too pink, not too peachy.
- Nars Copacabana Multiple Stick – Basically like a supersized sparkly crayon to highlight and shimmer whathever you want on your face. Cheekbones, eyes, ear lobes, you name it!
- Covergirl Lash Blast Mascara – Hands down my favorite mascara, doesn’t clump and doesn’t flake. Oh and its only 8 bux.
Haute Mess Lession: “The most beautiful makeup of a woman is passion. But cosmetics are easier to buy.” – Yves Saint Laurent