Girl Code

I take all my friendships seriously. Most of the people I am close with, I have known since elementary school or are bound to me by blood – perks of having 4,000 cousins. I also have been lucky to have met people in past few years who I have become very close with which is rare. Because I have been hanging out with mostly the same fucking people for the last couple of decades my bullshit/ patience meter is almost nonexistent. I generally love people who love me. For a long time, it was my only pre-requisite for friendship. And if you don’t, we probably aren’t friends. Loyalty is a big thing for me, if you burn me I literally will cut you out like a Bloomingdales 25% off coupon. Sure, a little dramatic but I just like to know where I stand with people, if you fucking hate me at least give me the respect of acting like you fucking hate me. I can take a hint – no hard feelings girl! It’s a big bad world out there and a haute mess has gotta do what a haute mess has gotta do. Here are some solid foundations for true friendship.

Friends don’t hook up with your ex-boyfriend… ever. This should pretty much go without saying. If you seriously dated a guy, he is off limits. Cousins, brothers, teachers, pen pals, camp friends are all fair game. EXES? No. Never. Whore.

Friends don’t let friends go out in public wearing the following; Harem pants (especially ones with a drop crotch), kitten heels, True Religion jeans, Uggs, Juicy Couture sweats (or anything), tie dye, anything too tight, designer turbans (unless you can pull that off), frosted lipstick, Sketcher shape-ups, jeggings etc. If one of your friends suggests you bust out your embellished pocket, white stiched, acid wash True Religion capris – your friend fucking hates you and wants you to look like shit so she looks better.

Friends don’t make up excuses to cancel and/or decline plans. “My dog fell down the stairs and needs to go to the vet and I can’t make it to dinner tonight sorry!!” This is how I roll (This is an actual text message conversation) “Din tonight?” “No” “K love u” No dramatic stories, no fake menstrual cramps. Just an honest decline. For the record, there was a Season 1 Real Housewives of OC marathon on Bravo that night. #validexcuse

Friends tell friends if they have gained a lot of weight (or if they have lost) I have a pact with my best friends – they are legally obligated to tell me if I get fat. Or use our non-verbal code – oinking. I’m not saying a smidge of zaftig. I mean noticeably larger. If your friends or family won’t tell you (God knows my mother would send my ass to involuntary Tracy Anderson fat camp and put me on ice cube diet) who the fuck will? Better to hear it from the people you love, than have the people you hate talking about how I went from being so emaciated looking as a kid to Shamu’s twin sister. Not cool. The famous friendship ballad “Lean on Me” by Bill Wither’s comes to mind as I’m writing this… don’t make me state the obvious joke.

Friends aren’t afraid to share good news. This is a huge pet peeve of mine. If something really fabulous is happening in your life you shouldn’t be hesitant to share your excitement with your people. I have known people in my life that are incapable of being happy for others when their life is not going quite as smoothly. If you are afraid to show off a new purchase, talk about a recent promotion or gush about your boyfriend – it aint right girl. People who are can’t be genuinely happy for you unless their own happiness is fulfilled are not good friends.  No matter how shitty their situation is, never okay.

Friends aren’t afraid to share bad news. I learned this one the hard way. When I was 17 years old, I got dumped. Big time. I had no idea it was coming, I had never had my heart broken before and went completely into a cave. I was so embarrassed and ashamed I didn’t tell any family or friends for DAYS and pretended everything was super. I hated the idea of being so vulnerable and defeated. Talk about a fucking charade. When I finally couldn’t keep up the act anymore I told my friends and they were the best break up fix of all time. In short, if things aren’t going well (relationships, family, work) you have to know you can find (and give) support.

Friends tell you when you are being an asshole/moody/buzzkill/overly sensitive/crazy/pyscho bitch/whatever. And you know it is coming from love. Like I said before, better to have someone who loves you tell you than someone else (who hates you) say it behind your back. You shouldn’t have to walk on eggshells with your best friends. That’s what co-workers are for, save the chivalries for acquaintances or distant relatives. No need to sugar coat shit.

Friends read my blog. Everyday. Every hour. Got that bitches? Just kidding… not really.

This post is so Rev Run of me (minus the excessive f-bombs) #preachgirl

Advertisements

20 thoughts on “Girl Code

1. pressure cooker reviews says:

Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering if you knew of any widgets
    I could add to my blog that automatically tweet my newest twitter updates.
    I’ve been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time and was hoping maybe you would have
    some experience with something like this.
    Please let me know if you run into anything. I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward
    to your new updates.

2. covet fashion cheats says:

At this point along with the interesting android games or have heard of this
    OS, also support the use of covet fashion cheats a
    generally tiresome games download websites. You should also
    try to find a nice game or joining an available game.

3. big fish casino cheat mac says:

It also quickens business transactions, online
    game than others? The first of these services.
    This time Orange has got a new app technology,
    allowing players to assume the role big fish casino cheats
    of a cell phone wallpapers, free mobile games through apps store or marketplace.
    Other fascinating games by using the birds and retrieve their
    eggs. As, big fish casino cheats most of work has created a kind of application on your mobile phone!

4. dental health says:

I’ve been browsing online more than three hours today,
    yet I never found any interesting article likke yours.

It’s pretty worth enough for me. In mmy view, if alll websitye owners and bloggers made good content as you did,
    the web will be much morte useful than ever before.

5. u.to says:

Greetings! I know this is somewhat off topic but I was wondering if you knew where I could
    find a captcha plugin for my comment form? I’m using the same blog platform as
    yours and I’m having difficulty finding one? Thanks a lot!

6. million contact says:

Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon ylur weblog and wanted to say that I have
    truly loved browsing your bloig posts. After all I will be subscribing on your feed and I hope yoou write again very soon!

7. Melodee says:

continuously i used to read smaller articles or reviews which as well clear their motive, and that
    is also happening with this article which I am reading here.

8. red oak bo staff says:

You have to be able to get to it before you can use it.
    This is because of a number of reasons, which includes the training can be practiced
    alone as no partner is required. The have grand masters, and an elite group that governs
    them.

9. http://www.newvideos.com/members/profile/247530/ToWhitton says:

The natives have long been utilizing this herb when it comes to attractiveness.
    I got tried numerous different work outs,
    lotions and undergarments, but none of them really did wonders.

If you are all set to use a normal breast enlargement technique that works
    swiftly and is clinically assured to give the benefits that you want, then you need to try Triactol Bust Serum today.

10. Janell says:

Yet another unique idea in Smash Spin Rage is you won’t have
    a wide range of multiplayer 3D games to suit any fancy.
    The clash of lords 2 cheats next thing you wish. This article speaks about the gaming industry.
    He has started 68 articles that come with options to add games to them.
    The game needs at least once per week, and I would like to spend these boring time.

11. www.bookmarkscloud.info says:

Unii oameni se simt minunat despre relațiile sexuale informale .
    Sunt fraieri pentru dialog atât de mare a rămâne actualizat pe
    problemele actuale și cultura pop este esențială .
    Un timp scurt în urmă Ai putea fi subliniat , nu verbe .

12. moviestarplanet cheats and guides says:

These days, people moviestarplanet cheats seek for more sharing.
    With the advancement of internet technology entertainment has got the pattern of game industry, in case you’re bored or dissatisfied, because they are gaining
    huge popularity. Should you loved this short article and you should go through all kinds of
    features as part of NARR8, you would like to go to the mobile phones.
    Users can moviestarplanet cheats choose from. These video
    games, gamers usually forget about the similarity.

13. Bernie says:

It’s in fact very complex in this full of activity life to listen news on Television, so
    I only use web for that reason, and obtain the most
    recent news.

14. kamas martial arts says:

They had been employed as farming tools for hundreds of
    years prior. Many people have a misconception that having stun guns for personal
    safety is illegal. There are many benefits in training with martial arts weapons.

15. e liquids for vaping says:

I’ve been exploring for a little bit for any
    high-quality articles or blog posts on this sort of area .
    Exploring in Yahoo I eventually stumbled upon this web site.
    Reading this information So i’m satisfied to convey that I have a very excellent uncanny
    feeling I came upon just what I needed. I most surely will make sure to don?t disregard this
    site and give it a glance regularly.

16. Ahmad says:

hi!,I love your writing so a lot! proportion we be in contact more approximately your post on AOL?
    I need a specialist in this area to resolve my problem.
    Maybe that’s you! Taking a look ahead to
    look you.